- DocumentaMadrid – Madrid (Second Prize)
- Jury Prize - One World Human Rights Festival (Pristina, Kosovo)
- Busan International Film Festival (official selection)
- "A humanistic documentary classic." - Tue Steen Müller, organizer, professor and international documentary critical
- Best Documentary - Bar International Film Festival (Bar, Montenegro)
- New York International Latino Film Festival
- San Diego Latino Film Festival (official selection)
- "A wonderful film. Poignant, sensitive and necessary." - Antonio Pérez-Hernández, Spanish Ambassador in Nicaragua
- London International Documentary Festival
- Docs DF, Mexico (official selection)
- Ad Hoc: Inconvenient Films (Vilnius, Lithuania)
- "Ultra-realistic, tender, intimate and full of hope for the trial of motherhood in extreme circumstances." - Marie Claire magazine
- Best Feature Documentary - MujerDOC (Soria, Spain)
- Montreal World Film Festival Documentaries of the World
- "Both tender and terrible at the same time..." -Avvenire (Italy)
- One World Human Rights Festival - Prague (official selection)
- Docudays Human Rights Festival – Kiev (official selection)
Find more news in our blog
. .. ...
behind the scenes
Discover the moviefrom another point of view. Videos, pics and much more.
the real problem
Beyond Karla's Arrivalis the problem of teenage girls trying to create families on the streets. Learn more about a growing but widely ignored human rights issue.